Purim Seudah Favorites
Purim is one of my favorite times of the year! It brings out our fun and whimsical sides, especially in the kitchen! I always make sure to fill my table with unique dishes or new spins on the classics. I can’t wait for you to try these. Happy Purim everyone!
Vegan Cobb Salad
For the dressing:
1 tbs. parsley, minced
1 tbs. lemon juice
3 tbs. apple cider vinegar
1 tsp. salt
1 tbs. agave nectar
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
for the salad:
I make sure to always have something fresh and colorful on the table to cut the richness of the other foods I am serving. This Cobb salad is filled with so many flavors and textures; it’s like five salads in one!
3 cups cooked quinoa
1/4 cup chickpeas
1/4 cup corn
1/2 cup blanched string beans
1/4 cup red onion
1/4 cup bell pepper
1/4 cup cooked beets
1. Layer the vegetables in a large serving bowl and toss with the prepared dressing right before serving.
Teriyaki Chicken Savory Hamantasch:
I love to play around with hamantasch fillings! If they’re made savory instead of sweet, you can incorporate them into the seudah! All your guests from children to adults will love these!
1/2 lb ground chicken breast
3 tbs. teriyaki sauce plus1 tbs. for glaze
1 scallion, thinly sliced
1 tbs. cornstarch
Sesame seeds for garnish
Mini Pizza dough
1. Preheat the oven to 400°.
2. Mix the ground chicken, teriyaki sauce, scallion, and cornstarch.
3. With wet hands, form small meatballs and place them on a parchment paper lined baking tray.
4. Bake for 18 minutes, remove from the oven and allow to cool.
5. Place a meatball in the center of a mini pizza dough round. Pinch three sides together as you would for a traditional hamantasch. Then, place on a parchment paper lined baking tray and bake for 15 minutes until the dough is cooked through.
6. Once they come out of the oven, brush the top with the remainder teriyaki sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve warm.
Savory hamantaschen filling ideas:
Potato: add sautéed onions to mashed potatoes, fill the dough, and bake!
Taco/empanada: sauté ground beef with spices and tomato paste, fill the dough, and bake!
Deli roll: Mix minced cold cuts, mayonnaise, and mustard. Fill the dough and bake!