The greatest thing about summertime cooking is being able to prepare the entire meal on the grill. These recipes are perfect for both indoor and outdoor grilling and pair beautifully with any veggie or starch. Say goodbye to your kitchen for the next few months and get grilling!
4 boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced in half
3 tbsp. olive oil
½ tsp. salt½ tsp. black pepper
½ tsp. sweet paprika
1 tsp. garlic powder
½ tsp. dry rosemary
Every home cook should have a recipe like this handy at all times. This chicken remains juicy and packed with flavor. Tip: Slice then season the chicken breast ahead of time and store in individual bags in the freezer, then thaw 1 hour before grill time.
1. In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the spices and oil together into a paste. Toss in the chicken breast and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, if you can.
2. Heat your grill or grill pan for 3-5 minutes. A very hot cooking surface traps the juices in the chicken making it very tender and juicy.
3. Grill for 1-1 ½ minutes per side, until the center is no longer pink. (Flip just once)
4. Serve sliced over a salad or tucked into a sandwich.
2 lbs. ground beef
2 medium yellow onions, minced
1 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
1/2 tablespoon ground allspice
½ tsp. black pepper
½ tsp. sweet paprika
½ tsp. salt
These delicious kabobs are bursting with Middle Eastern flavors that’ll keep you constantly craving them. Tip: If you are cooking for a large amount and prefer not to grill, these can be cooked in the oven as well. Just place them in an oven proof baking dish and broil them on the lower rack for 15-20 minutes, they’ll taste just the same!
1. Use a food processor or sharp knife to finely chop the onion and parsley.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the spices, beef and onion-parsley mixture.
3. Form 5 inch long log shaped kabobs and place on a tray.
4. Meanwhile, heat the grill or grill pan for 4-5 minutes on high heat. This step is crucial for creating nice grill marks.
5. Place the kabobs on the grill and do not flip until the bottom half is cooked, which should take about 3-4 minutes on each side. Serve alongside basmati rice or tahini.
Yield: 4-6 servings
3 steps to ensure sure your burgers are always juicy: